Fatherly Advice
Two weekends ago I had an enlightening conversation with my dad. You know one of those conversations where the way that you had thought previously is almost completely altered because someone was able to show you something in a different way.
I was having one of the worst days of my life. And my dad could sense it, he had asked me how I was doing, and I lied and told him I was fine, then he asked me again later on. And I told him that I was just down . . . anywho later on in the afternoon I was having brunch and my dad and I started talking and I told him how I felt that I had been lied to. That everyone encourages you to spend all this money on education and that's its an investment and that the end result is worth it, but I feel that it is not true! And I'm left with not having a good job, having to pay back a student loan, and being bitter.
My father gave me these comforting words and advice that not only helped me in the situation, but also calm me down too.
First - Take things as they come. You don't know where you will be in 3 months from now or 1 year from now. You don't know what type of job may come up, but you have a job now and that is what is important. Life is more about working with what you have rather than wanting something that you don't have.
Second - Don't hold a grudge it doesn't benefit you, but only harms you.
Third - My debt isn't that big of a deal, I just need to spread it out over a couple of years.
Fourth - Do what you can in life.
Over the past two weeks I had to remind myself every now about my father's advice to help me stay calm and to see the bigger picture, so far so good!

1 Comments:
Two years before moving to Manitoba my grammy told me "be careful what you say and what you wear". I've never forgotten those few wise words.
Post a Comment
<< Home